Find out first hand what it’s really like to be a paramedic, a police officer and a firefighter!
To provide students with the opportunity to explore career pathways within a range of uniformed services, these include Search and Rescue Services, Emergency Services, and Civil Defence Services. Students will have the opportunity to experience a simulated search and rescue exercise and gain essential first aid skills.
Students will have the opportunity to achieve academic learning objectives that contribute to their National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) and develop crucial personal and social development skills.
Personal and Social Development Objectives:
Personal and social skills are transferable to any chosen career pathway and are considered essential skills by employers.
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Course Outline & Assessments:
Course outline including academic learning objectives – Uniformed Services Level 2
For course specific assessments talk to your school Trades Academy coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Courses & Pathways
Use links below to explore related courses and pathway options:
- Civil Defence Emergency Response – Level 3
- Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 2
- Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 3
To view all Whenua Iti Outdoors Trades Academy programmes and a pathway diagram go to further resources section below.
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole course. The highlight would be the fire week, specifically the rescue helicopter – Uniformed Services Student