Build on a love of the outdoors by learning technical and practical outdoor skills in a team environment.
The Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 2 programme provides students with a broad base of technical and practical outdoor skills. Each week of the programme will focus on a different outdoor discipline, students will have the opportunity to complete a week of; sea kayaking, rock-climbing, caving and mountain biking.
Students will have the opportunity to achieve academic learning objectives that contribute to their National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) and develop crucial personal and social development skills.
Personal and Social Development Objectives:
Personal and social skills are transferable to any chosen career pathway and are considered essential skills by employers.
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Course Outline & Assessments:
Course outline including academic learning objectives: Adventure Tourism Leadership Level 2
For course specific assessments talk to your school Trades Academy coordinator or email email@example.com
Related Courses & Pathways
Use links below to explore related courses and pathway options:
- Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 3
- Tourism Operations – Level 3
- Service Industry Internship – Level 3
- Uniformed Services – Level 2
- Civil Defence Emergency Response – Level 3
To view all Whenua Iti Outdoors Trades Academy programmes and a pathway diagram go to further resources section below.
Getting to know people and getting the chance to lead and push myself through things I normally wouldn’t get through – Adventure Tourism Leadership Student