Take your existing outdoors skills to the next level. Build your confidence in outdoor leadership through this challenging and rewarding course.
Students will build on their existing outdoor and leadership skills to become more confident and self-managing in a range of outdoor environments. During the programme students will prepare for, participate in and evaluate multiple outdoor experiences whilst also sharpening their bush survival skills.
This course requires students to operate in the outdoors at a high level and to be more independent in their approach to learning. It is therefore recommended that students can demonstrate the following:
- Completion of Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 2 or equivalent with a teacher recommendation
- An ability to self-manage
- A high level of interest in the outdoors
Students will have the opportunity to achieve academic learning objectives that contribute to their National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) and develop crucial personal and social development skills.
Personal and Social Development Objectives:
Personal and social skills are transferable to any chosen career pathway and are considered essential skills by employers.
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Course Outline & Assessments:
Course outline including academic learning objectives – Adventure Tourism Leadership Level 3
For course specific assessments talk to your school Trades Academy coordinator or email email@example.com
Related Courses & Pathways
Use links below to explore related courses and pathway options:
- Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 2
- Tourism Operations – Level 3
- Service Industry Internship – Level 3
To view all Whenua Iti Outdoors Trades Academy programmes and a pathway diagram go to Further Resources below.
I enjoyed getting out of the classroom type area and into areas I would not usually be placed, also being stimulated and learning through the process – Adventure Tourism Leadership Student