Develop your outdoor adventure skills on this programme – experience a variety of disciplines while on group outdoor expeditions in local national parks.
Thanks to funding from Top of the South & West Coast Trades Academies this course is being offered free in the October Holidays & in December to local secondary students in response to lockdown. Enrol via this page or via your school’s Trades Coordinator. Limited places available.
Participants have the opportunity of completing 15 Level 3 NCEA credits on this programme.
The Adventure Skills Development course is a multi-activity, residential, adventure training programme. Activities can vary depending on the time of year and weather conditions, your programme could include a mixture of sea-kayaking, tramping, rock climbing or caving.
The course will provide you with skills in bush survival, navigation and cooking in the outdoors. You will explore the wilderness of Te Tau Ihu – Top of the South Island, a perfect multi-adventure platform to build up your outdoors expertise.
*Programmes will be offered at Level 2 (under current guidelines). If levels change to Level 3 or 4 at time of programme start a full refund will be given to fee paying students
This course is for you if:
- You love being in the outdoors
- Are involved or want to be involved in adventure racing
- Want to put your best foot forward to achieve NCEA
- OR are simply keen to inject adventure into your holiday
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Duke of Edinburgh
You might like to consider counting a your Adventure Skills Development course towards the Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award! This international award is considered the leading youth achievement award – we can help you plan your award training & assessment. Find out more….
There is an additional cost of $50 to cover Award administration and you must be enrolled in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award before you go on a programme – we can help get you started with this, please contact us.
Related Holiday Programmes
Interested in earning NCEA credits outside the classroom? We offer a range of fully funded Trades Academy Programmes during the school terms.