Let your tamariki go on a Journey of discovery, to explore the outdoors and discover their potential.
The Junior Journey heads to the outdoor sweet spots of our region, designed to be fun while exploring our environment and learning outdoor skills. Tamariki will come away from the programme being more confident, more aware of their true strengths & potential and with a new whānau of friends!
The activities and location vary and we try to make each Junior Journey of the year unique and distinct from the others. Each journey takes into consideration the weather and local national park conditions closer to the time, but will be sure to include a range of fun & challenging activities!
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Your kids will leave with a bunch of new friends and on an adventure buzz! Check out our latest adventures on Facebook and Instagram.
Journeys have so many highlights: overcoming my fears, meeting new friends, going out of my comfort zone and doing things I thought I couldn’t. Journeys give you memories for the rest of your life.
– Journey Participant
Related Holiday Programmes
- Go Wild | 7-10 year olds
- Senior Journey | 14 – 16 year olds
- Adventure Skills Development | 16 – 18 year olds
View all course options at Whenua Iti Outdoors – Programmes Overview