Let your tamariki go on a journey of discovery with our Senior Journey holiday programme, to explore the outdoors and discover their potential.
The Senior Journey adventure holiday programme allows tamariki to step up into an expedition format and build their resilience and teamwork skills while exploring spectacular local environments.
The outcome of completing a Journey is a great sense of achievement, increased confidence and a memorable experience that will be shared with new friends made along the way. Tamariki will not only discover the more remote places in Te Tau Ihu (the top of the South Island) but also their inner adventurer.
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
With each Journey I have watched my son becoming a competent, confident young man. His self esteem has grown. This has had a “knock on” affect at school.Journey Parent
Duke of Edinburgh
You might like to consider counting your Senior Journey towards the Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award! This international award is considered the leading youth achievement award – we can help you plan your award training & assessment. Find out more….
There is an additional cost of $50 to cover Award administration and you must be enrolled in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award before you go on a programme – we can help get you started with this, please contact us.
Related Holiday Programmes
- Go Wild | 7-10 year olds
- Junior Journey | 11 – 13 year olds
- Adventure Skills Development | 16 – 18 year olds
View all course options at Whenua Iti Outdoors – Programmes Overview