Spend the day on site at Whenua Iti to take on both individual and team challenges such as the flying kiore, obstacle course or the high ropes! A great day of confidence-building and whanaungatanga.
A Whenua Iti Challenges Day is great fun for all ages and abilities and can help stimulate better teamwork, positive attitudes and a sense of achievement in your students. Run by our experienced instructors, tamariki can take on a variety of challenges on site such as the flying kiore, low ropes, high ropes, obstacle course, tower climb and take part in a variety of fun ABL (Adventure Based Learning) games.
Key Learning Objectives
- Support others to overcome challenges
- Attempt challenging activities
- Particpate in activities where co-operation will lead to success
- Identify and use appropriate communication and behaviour during challenging activities
- Use safety equipment appropriately (helmet, harness, belay device* and rope)
- Identify their own personal strengths in a group
- Keep others safe
- Use behaviour and communication to increase trust and co-operation in a group
*Use of belay device is for Year 7 and above only.
Please note: Whenua Iti Outdoors operates in line with Ministry of Education COVID-19 guidelines. For our full policy, please see our Safety Page, or request a copy via email.