The Rā Ora (Wellbeing Day) Programme has been created to provide tamariki a fun day of active recreation and outside play, encouraging positive health & wellbeing.
Tamariki will experience the best of Whenua Iti – a mix of cultural, environmental and adventure-based learning games that will provide fun challenges for them to practice teamwork and build their confidence while being active outdoors. Let the warmth of Te Rā shine in!
The activities will be facilitated by our experienced instructors to provide teachers an opportunity to work alongside the class and nurture positive class relationships.
Hurihia tō aroaro ki te rā tukuna tō ātārangi kia taka ki
muri ki a koe | Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you
Key Learning Outcomes
- Observing and growing an increasing understanding of the natural world
- Developing a greater connection to self, to local places, to plants and animals, the community and each other
- Observing and growing an understanding of respectful ways to engage and care for nature
- Enhancing hauora (holistic wellbeing), improving focus, confidence and self-motivation
- *Exploring the natural world from an indigenous cultural perspective, focusing on Te Ao Māori
* Integration of learning outcome dependent on staff availability
Linking to Curriculum
- Your health and physical education curriculum
- Building core competencies such as managing self, relating to others, and participating and contributing.
Please note: Whenua Iti Outdoors operates in line with Ministry of Education COVID-19 guidelines. For our full policy, please see our Safety Page, or request a copy via email.
“The benefits to the students are huge, learning, sharing, participating and working together in nature – (the programme) provides an experience that we cannot replicate at school. For some students this will be a special and unique experience. We would love to promote more of that.” – Teacher