School Camps and Tailored Programmes
Whenua Iti Outdoors has been developing tailored programmes for 30 years to suit the needs of a variety of groups, including schools, youth groups and sports teams.
Whenua Iti Outdoors programmes:
- are adventurous and well organised.
- are tailored to year level, desired student outcomes, school timeframes
- have safety and regulatory requirements taken care of. Safety of our participants is of utmost importance. Whenua Iti Outdoors has OutdoorsMark certification as a registered provider of adventure activities with WorkSafe NZ. More about our safety credentials.
- can include subsidies where available to reduce the overall cost to the school or parent.
- can include NCEA assessments where relevant for senior secondary students.
- provide organisational support for teachers. If you need us to we will take care of all the camp logistics, safety management, instruction and even food to make camps more accessible for schools and busy teachers.
- allow access to a range of activities. We can ensure that your students have equal access to all activities by providing all specialist outdoor equipment and we can offer personal gear to participants such as boots, when required.
- are delivered by our specialised instructors, however, we welcome teacher involvement.
Year 1-13 students
Typically 3-5 days
Tailored to school needs
Whenua Iti Outdoors / Tasman / Nelson
Cost varies depending on activities, group size and length of programme. Please ask us for a quote
On average $60-$80 plus GST per student / per day
$17.50 plus GST per student / per day
Camp dates available on request, subject to instructor availability.
*Programme cost includes tuition, accommodation, equipment, and transport within the programme.
** Schools can elect to self-cater if they prefer.
Have a Questionemail@example.com
School Camp Programme Options
Schools can choose between:
- A Whenua Iti Outdoors led camp, where our staff take care of everything, or
- A school led camp, with Whenua Iti Outdoors contacted to deliver activities only. For example an abseiling session or a Beach Skills day.
Accommodation and Facilities
The majority of school camp programmes are made up of on-site and off-site locations. Depending on the time of the year and the activities within the programme, accommodation will most likely be camping or sleeping in huts.
On-site facilities – Our Base
Programme activities are shown below within three classic Whenua Iti Outdoors Camp models.
Our skillful instructor team modify programmes and activities to match your objectives and student year levels.
Kahurangi Mountain Adventure
- Mountain Biking
- Bush Survival
- Fire Cooking
- Rock Climbing
Abel Tasman Coastal Adventure
- Sea Kayaking
- Beach Safety
- Survival Swimming
- Waka Ama
Whenua Iti Outdoors Basecamp Adventure
- High Ropes
- Adventure Based Learning
- Haka and Mau Rakau
- Team Building