Gateway Team Building
Whenua Iti Outdoors in collaboration with local secondary schools has developed a non-industry specific Gateway programme.
The programme is available to all Gateway students and designed as a team building programme, with a focus on increasing self confidence levels, being prepared for Gateway work placements and enhancing team working skills.
Key Course Details
- Two level 2 assessments are available. Each is worth 3 credits from the Adventure Based Learning domain
- Schools can elect to complete one or both assessments, allowing one day per assessment.
- Schools can choose to assess students against a level 2, 3 or 4 unit standard from the domain: Interpersonal Communications. The appropriate assessment level to be selected and assessed by the Secondary School.
For more programme detail including assessments and key delivery details download our Gateway Brochure.
Year 12-13 students
3 or 6 Level 3 NCEA credits
1 or 2 days
Whenua Iti Outdoors
Zero cost to students. Funded by the Ministry of Education.
Gateway Fees Per Day:
- Up to 12 students: $550 plus GST
- Between 13 – 24 students: $1100 plus GST
- Between 25 – 36 students is $1650 plus GST
What schools say about us...
“The day exceeded our expectations. The forward planning and consultation prior to the day ensured that the activities students undertook clearly met our learning objectives and were appropriate for the age and level of our students”.
Secondary School Careers Advisor - May 2015