Terms & Conditions and Policies
Safety and Risk Management
- When taking part in any adventure activity, risks are encountered. Whenua Iti Outdoors (manages these risks with the use of highly trained staff who make decisions about acceptable risks, while enabling participants to build their skills, knowledge, experience, confidence and judgement.
- Whenua Iti Outdoors takes all reasonable steps to manage risks to an acceptable level and to set appropriate safety standards. All safety procedures and policies are available on request.
- At times Whenua Iti Outdoors staff will make decisions on behalf of the group about the acceptability of certain risks. All participants agree to follow the instructions of staff in regard to safety and risk management.
- By participating, you understand and agree that there are risks associated with activities in the outdoors.
- You are aware that Whenua Iti Outdoors will take all reasonable steps to manage these risks to an acceptable level and to set appropriate safety standards.
- Where any participant does not comply with the instructions of any Whenua Iti Outdoors staff member in regard to safety or risk management, Whenua Iti Outdoors may not be held responsible for any outcome.
Fitness & Medical Policy
- Each Whenua Iti Course or Programme has a set of entry criteria based based upon the expected outcomes and goals and upon the complexity of the course content. The entrance criteria is set so that anyone who is accepted on to the course can, at the time of acceptance, can be reasonably expected to successfully complete the course.
- In order to be offered a place on a course, Participants must meet the entrance criteria. All participants are given initial information on the relevant programmes, including outcomes, expectations, resource requirements, times and personal requirements around fitness and capability.
- ALL participants are required to submit registration forms, medical information/declaration, permissions and consent sign off. Specific programmes or specific individual requirements may need additional forms eg a medical administration form.
- All application information is treated as confidential.
- For youth and child programmes the declarations and consents must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Applications that do not have at minimum, the required consents and medical information will be considered incomplete and will be rejected.
- All medical forms will be reviewed by the Programme and Safety Manager . And if required further clarification sought to ensure that the client is able to participate fully and meet the outcomes of the programme.
- Course acceptance is dependent on potential participants meeting the required physical and mental requirements for the programme applied to. Course acceptance will be advised by email or phone at the earliest possible opportunity after the decision is made.
- Click through to download a copy of the medical declaration
What you can expect at Whenua Iti Outdoors
- Your safety and welfare is of paramount importance
- Staff and volunteers are recruited safely and trained appropriately.
- Staff and volunteers are expected to follow a code of behaviour
- You are expected to follow a code of behaviour
- You should always be treated with respect
- You have a right to feel safe and secure when on a WIO programme
- You have a right to be heard and involved
- If you are worried or concerned about anything in your programme you should talk to your Instructor.
- If someone is hurting you in anyway, you should tell someone you trust. Remember, it is never O.K. for someone to hurt you and it’s not your fault.
- If someone is hurting you, the Instructors will talk to someone who can help.
- Your personal information will be treated with respect and shared only on a ‘need to know basis’.
- You should always be told the truth and everything should be explained to you.
- If you wish to make a complaint, you can contact the assigned person in the organisation.
Programme & Safety Manager
027 298 1525
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact information
- Emergency Contact Information
- Medical details and physical capabilities
- Computer or network
- Interactions with us
- Billing information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Ensure that you are capable and able to participate in a safe and accountable manner when at Whenua Iti Outdoors.
Besides Our Staff we share this information with:
- Only the organisations that you have used to work with us such as your school or your referral agency.
We will always ask for your consent to collect and hold your data, especially if:
- You are under the age of 17, whereby your caregiver, parent or guardian will need to give consent.
- Your data is particularly sensitive
We will place restrictions on the information we hold when the information:
- is commercial in confidence;
- concerns the privacy of its staff, volunteers, clients or customers;
- requires protection to safeguard the intellectual property of the organisation.
- Staff dealing with restricted material will be instructed in the recognition of material falling under these headings.
If you choose to not provide some information such as your medical disclosures you may be restricted in your ability to participate, if we are unable to ensure you can do so safely.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at
email@example.com, or 035267842, or 375 Main Road Lower Moutere RD1, Upper Moutere, Nelson.
IF WE DID NOT MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS
You may choose to make a complaint
- Whenua Iti Outdoors is committed to taking problems seriously, with respect, compassion and confidentiality. It is very important to us that if someone has an issue, we do our best to resolve it.
- Ideally, problems should be worked out between the people involved, in the most low-key way possible. However, sometimes, that isn’t possible or suitable. This policy is for those times.
- Whenua Iti Outdoors will intervene where we believe safety is compromised, or misconduct/serious misconduct has been or is occurring.
- Complaints may be raised by participants or 3rd parties such as parents, caregivers or guardians or participants.
- Where Whenua Iti Outdoors staff believe that a child or young person (aged under 17) has been, or is likely to be, harmed (physically, emotionally, or sexually), ill-treated, abused, neglected, or deprived, they will notify the Management Team who will ensure that the relevant social service agency, police, or referral agency are notified.
- If there is a problem for you at Whenua Iti Outdoors, you should try to resolve the problem directly with the person(s) involved.
- If this does not work or is not possible, you can speak to your Instructor or the General Manager about the problem.
- If you still feel that the issue has not been resolved, you are invited to make a formal complaint in writing. We will provide you with a form that allows you to record your issues and the context of the complaint.
- We will reply to your complaint in writing within 10 days of a formal written complaint being received. This reply will outline if the complaint requires an investigation and the likely further time needed.
- Resolution of a complaint will be given in writing.
- Deposit Invoice: 50% of the total cost will be invoiced two weeks before a single day booking and four weeks before a multi-day booking. The deposit invoice is payable on receipt.
- Final Invoice: This invoice will be sent immediately after the completion of the booking and is payable within two weeks.
Withdrawal Policy – Individual Participants
- Participant withdrawal within 10 days of the course beginning will incur a a $50 (+GST) administration fee.
- Participant withdrawal within 5 days of the course beginning will incur the full course fee.
- In exceptional circumstances some withdrawal payments may be waived however, this is at the discretion of Whenua Iti Outdoors.
Cancellation Policy - Organisations
- Two weeks’ notice is required to cancel a single day programme otherwise, the you will be charged 50% of the total cost.
- Four weeks’ notice is required to cancel a multi-day programme otherwise, the you will be charged 50% of the total cost.
- Cancellations due to inclement weather will not be charged.
- This cancellation policy gives others on a waiting list an opportunity to fill the programme opening.
Website Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the website https://www.whenuaiti.org.nz operated by Whenua Iti Outdoors Trust Incorporated known as Whenua Iti Outdoors, Whenua Iti Trust, WIO or Whenua Iti. Your access to and use of the website is conditional on your acceptance of and compliance with these terms and conditions. These terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the website.
- Whenua Iti Trust Incorporated operates https://www.whenuaiti.org.nz.
- This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the website.
- We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. You can request a copy of the information held by Whenua Iti Outdoors and can have it corrected if required.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party web websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Whenua Iti Trust Incorporated. Whenua Iti Trust Incorporated has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Whenua Iti Trust Incorporated shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web websites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these terms at any time. We will try to provide at least 15 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a change will be determined at our sole discretion.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, home address, school. We may use this information to contact you, but you can opt-out of receiving future information from us. We will keep your personal information confidential in accordance with the Privacy Act (1993), and will only use your information for Whenua Iti Outdoors related purposes.
We will not disclose or sell your personally identifiable information to any third party unless we, first obtain permission from you, we need to share your information with agents who work for us, or we are required by law.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website, this is called log data. This data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
- During programmes Whenua Iti Outdoors will take photographs, which participants will have access to on request.
- Some of these images (generally group shots) may appear in our printed publications or on our website.
- By agreeing to participation on a programme, you give Whenua Iti Outdoors permission to use photographs containing the images of you (or your child) for this purpose.
- Individuals will not be named.