Students get to really experience tourism through the lens of clients, local tourism business owners and as an employee. You will visit a range of tourism operators, understand the different roles within these businesses and learn key skills to equip you for working within this dynamic and leading NZ industry. The content of the programme represents the basis for an engaging and experiential learning experience.
Provides students with an opportunity to meet; leading tourism operators; to experience what they offer visitors to New Zealand; to learn about the unique attractions of different regions; and to practice key skills required for the tourism industry.
Students will have the opportunity to achieve academic learning objectives that contribute to their National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) and develop crucial personal and social development skills.
Personal and Social Development Objectives:
Personal and social skills are transferable to any chosen career pathway and are considered essential skills by employers.
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Course Outline & Assessments:
Course outline including academic learning objectives – Tourism Operations Level 3
For course specific assessments talk to your school Trades Academy coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Courses & Pathways
Use links below to explore related courses and pathway options:
- Service Industry Internship – Level 3
- Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 2
- Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 3
- Manaaki Tāpoi (Cultural Tourism) – Level 2
- Manaaki Tāpoi (Cultural Tourism) – Level 3
To view all Whenua Iti Outdoors Trades Academy programmes and a pathway diagram go to further resources section below.
From not knowing these people to not wanting to say goodbye. Having amazing tutors to guide us through these new experiences and always knowing we were going to be safe. The trips were also outstanding – Tourism Operations student