The Environmental Science programme is designed to bring science to life through a series of field-based, environmental investigations.
The programme focus is on developing an understanding of environmental science and environmental management from a western science and a Māori environmental management perspective.
Students will have the opportunity to achieve academic learning objectives that contribute to their National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) and develop crucial personal and social development skills.
Personal and Social Development Objectives:
Personal and social skills are transferable to any chosen career pathway and are considered essential skills by employers.
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Course Outline & Assessments:
Course outline including academic learning objectives – Environmental Science Level 3
For course specific assessments talk to your school Trades Academy coordinator or email [email protected]
Related Courses & Pathways
Use links below to explore related courses and pathway options:
To view all Whenua Iti Outdoors Trades Academy programmes and a pathway diagram go to further resources section below.
Tirohia kia marama, whawhangia kia rangona te ha
Observe to gain enlightenment, participate to feel the essence