Experience simulated emergency exercises and gain essential rope skills & techniques used in emergency outdoors situations.
To provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge to be able to contribute in outdoor emergency situations. Participants will have the opportunity to experience simulated emergency exercises and gain essential rope skills important in emergency situations.
Students will have the opportunity to achieve academic learning objectives that contribute to their National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) and develop crucial personal and social development skills.
Personal and Social Development Objectives:
Personal and social skills are transferable to any chosen career pathway and are considered essential skills by employers.
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing belief in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recognising and developing potential
- Developing resilience skills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Course Outline & Assessments:
Course outline including academic learning objectives – Civil Defence Emergency Response L3
For course specific assessments talk to your school Trades Academy coordinator or email email@example.com
Related Courses & Pathways
Use links below to explore related courses and pathway options:
- Service Industry Internship – Level 3
- Adventure Tourism Leadership – Level 3
- Uniformed Services – Level 2
To view all Whenua Iti Outdoors Trades Academy programmes and a pathway diagram go to further resources section below.
Courses are highly relevant and well planned with activities designed with students safety in mind. The professional staff and ongoing nature of reflective practices help ensure the courses meet stakeholder needs – 2019 NZQA evaluation report