A 4 day adventure-based camp package for Primary School students.
We have picked out the best combination of adventure and nature connection activities to maximise fun learning opportunities for your tamariki. Let the Whenua Iti team take care of camp logistics, minimising school organisation load and giving teachers more time to connect with students.
Outline of Activities
Set up camp & tackle a series of exciting WIO challenges on site such as abseiling or high ropes, take part in our fun Adventure Based Learning (ABL) games to test your teamwork, be transported to Kaiteretere for a day developing beach skills such as raft building & kayaking, explore the fascinating world above and underground on Takaka Hill and, best of all, have all activities facilitated by our experienced team of educators. View Example Programme Schedule.
The learning that is possible on a Whenua Iti Outdoors camp sets us apart, we offer access to a range of activities and all of our programmes have an education focus. Through experiential learning, a positive learning environment and challenge, students naturally work towards some or all of the following personal and social development outcomes:
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing believe in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recongnising and developing potential
- Developing resilience sills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Why Choose Whenua Iti Outdoors?
- Camps are facilitated by our experienced & qualified outdoor educators, allowing teachers to focus on building relationships with their class and maximising the experience for students.
- Whenua Iti Outdoors is a registered and Safety Accredited provider. Camp safety and programme planning is taken care of. Find out more on our Safety First page.
- All specialist equipment provided. If needed we can also offer personal gear to students such as sleeping equipment to remove barriers to students participation.
- Our beautiful & expansive grounds are perfect for school camps. There are kitchen facilities if you choose to self-cater or let Whenua Iti Outdoors provide food and menus at $50 pp. View Facitilities Page.
- The adventure-based learning students engage in helps improve self-awareness, confidence, leadership & teamwork which they take home and back into the classroom.
For bookings, please complete our Primary Booking Enquiry Form.
Please note: Whenua Iti Outdoors operates in line with Ministry of Education COVID-19 guidelines. For our full policy, please see our Safety Page, or request a copy via email. The order and type of activities may change due to weather or other safety reasons. Our educator team will communicate any changes with the teacher in charge.