A 4 day adventure-based camp package for Primary School students.
We have picked out the best combination of adventure activities to maximise the fun learning opportunities for your tamariki. Let the Whenua Iti team take care of camp logistics, minimising school organisation load and giving teachers more time to connect with students.
Please note: WIO has Covid19 safety procedures in place that align with EOTC guidelines – https://www.eonz.org.nz/. Should a camp be cancelled due to Alert Level 3 or 4 a full refund is available. Overnight EOTC programmes can continue to be offered at alert levels 1 and 2 with additional controls in place (refer to EOTC guidelines). If a school elects not to attend during alert Levels 1 or 2 the camp deposit is non-refundable.
Outline of Activities
Set up camp & tackle a series of exciting WIO challenges on site such as abseiling or high ropes, take part in our fun ABL games to test your teamwork, be transported to Kaiteretere for a day developing beach skills such as raft building & kayaking, explore the fascinating world underground on a caving adventure and, best of all, have all activities facilitated by our experienced team of educators. View Programme Outline.
The learning that is possible on a Whenua Iti Outdoors camp sets us apart, we offer access to a range of activities and all of our programmes have an education focus. Through experiential learning, a positive learning environment and challenge, students naturally work towards some or all of the following personal and social development outcomes:
- Increasing willingness to learn
- Understanding and assuming personal responsibility
- Developing believe in self and increasing confidence
- Developing a positive attitude
- Recongnising and developing potential
- Developing resilience sills (coping with challenge and change)
- Developing positive communication skills
Why Choose Whenua Iti Outdoors?
- Camps are facilitated by our experienced & qualified outdoor educators, allowing teachers to focus on building relationships with their class and maximising the experience for students.
- Whenua Iti Outdoors is a registered and Safety Accredited provider. Camp safety and programme planning is taken care of. Find out more on our Safety First page.
- All specialist equipment provided. If needed we can also offer personal gear to students such as sleeping equipment to remove barriers to students participation.
- Our beautiful & expansive grounds are perfect for school camps. There are kitchen facilities if you choose to self-cater or let Whenua Iti Outdoors provide food and menus at $50 pp.
- The adventure-based learning students engage in helps improve self-awareness, confidence, leadership & teamwork which they take home and back into the classroom.
For bookings, please complete our Camp Booking Enquiry Form.