Our Secondary Portfolio of Programmes:
- Trades Academy Courses
- STAR Courses
- A Gateway Team Building Course
- A Range of Leadership Courses
- Tailored Programmes and School Camps
Whenua Iti Outdoors school programmes demonstrate strong links to the NZC key competencies:
- Managing Self,
- Relating to Others,
- Participating and Contributing,
- Using language, and symbols and text.
Our Education Credentials:
- NZQA accredited, we can offer Level 1 to Level 3 NCEA assessments
- Align with Vocational Pathways
- Are subsidised through Whenua Iti Outdoors contracts with Ministry of Education, Ministry of Youth Development and the Ministry of Social Development.
Need more information?
If you have questions or want to talk about the needs of individual students.
What people say
"All Whenua Iti Outdoors instructors are highly trained and skilled educators. “Instructors were commonly described as exceptional in all of the interviews undertaken for this evaluation. Stakeholders highly value the instructors for their ability to convey information to learners and to reach them in ways others cannot.”
“Interviews with stakeholders demonstrated the important contribution, and sometimes life-changing difference, Whenua Iti is making to young learners’ lives.”
Whenua Iti Outdoors education rating: “highly confident in the education performance of Whenua Iti Outdoors”
NZQA External Evaluation and Review - May 2015
Education Excellence Awards:
Whenua Iti Outdoors and Top of the South Trades Academy (TOTSTA) - Winners of the Prime Minister's Education Excellence Focus Takatu Award 2014.