Tourism Operations Level 3
The Tourism Operations Level 3 programme provides students with an opportunity to meet leading tourism operators, to experience what they offer visitors to New Zealand, to learn about the unique attractions of different regions and to practice key skills required for the tourism industry. Underpinning the curriculum is the development of crucial personal and social development skills, transferable to any vocational pathway.
The content of the programme represents the basis for an engaging, experiential, practical and varied learning experience. The programme is designed to appeal to students who respond well to learning in a practical environment.
Year 12 and 13 students
3 credits at Level 2 | 13 credits at Level 3
Block course format, includes overnights. Each block 4 days in length.
Nelson, Golden Bay, Marlborough, West Coast depending on the activity.
Zero cost to students. Funded by the Ministry of Education.
Week 1: 04-07 March
Week 2: 18-21 March
Week 3 : 01-04 April
Week 4: 29 April-02 May
*Dates may be subject to change
Have a Questionemail@example.com
Learner Goals and Outcomes
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate verbal communication skills in a wide range of tourism contexts.
- Communicate with people from other cultures.
- Define and describe culture in the context of the tourism industry.
- Apply cross-cultural communication skills with visitors to Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Demonstrate knowledge of methods applied to raise service levels to visitors from other cultures.
- List and use a range of te reo Māori greetings and farewells in tourism.
- Work in a team on a tourism workplace task or project.
- Communicate in a team or group which has an objective.
Order the Programmes For Schools publication
Whenua Iti Outdoors offers programmes for schools from Year 1 through to Year 13. Our wide range of activities cater to many different learning objectives. This document provides all the information needed to assist schools with their decision making process.