Manaaki Tāpoi Advanced – Level 3
The Level 3 Manaaki Tāpoi Advanced programme will strengthen participants understanding both of the uniqueness of Māori culture as well as the interconnectedness of Te Ao Māori. The course builds on the Level 2 Manaaki Tāpoi Introduction programme to develop further skills and the ability to interact with manuhiri through the delivery of Tourism Māori experiences.
Underpinning the curriculum is the development of crucial personal and social development skills transferable to any vocational pathway.
Learner Goals and Outcomes
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Explain kaitiaki practices in a Tourism Māori context.
- Identify and explain the history of natural attractions and significant sites in tourism Māori.
- Explain the importance of respecting Māori customs and practices in Tourism Māori
- Discuss karakia tawhito and examine contemporary karakia as they apply to a Tourism Māori product
- Recite a karakia appropriate to a Tourism Māori product.
Completion of Manaaki Tapoi Level 2 is a prerequisite for enrolling on Level 3 . Please contact us if you have achieved credits in a similar course that may also fulfill this requirement.
It is strongly recommended prior to course start that students can demonstrate the following outcomes:
- Be able to present their own pepeha
- Have a sound knowledge of whanaungatanga
- Have a sound knowledge or kaitaikitanga
- Be able to recite at least one karakia from memory
- Be able to recite at least one waiata from memory
Other Trades Academy Courses
Year 12 and 13 students
20 credits at L3
Block course format, includes overnights. Each block 4 days in length.
Tasman / Nelson / Marlborough / Westcoast / Wellington
Zero cost to students.
Funded by the Ministry of Education.
Week 1: 01-04 April
Week 2: 29 April-02 May
Week 3: 13-16 May
Week 4: 10-13 June
*Dates may be subject to change.
Have a Questionemail@example.com
Order the Programmes For Schools publication
Whenua Iti Outdoors offers programmes for schools from Year 1 through to Year 13. Our wide range of activities cater to many different learning objectives. This document provides all the information needed to assist schools with their decision making process.