Adventure Tourism Leadership Level 3
The Level 3 Adventure Tourism programme will build on participants’ existing outdoor skills to allow them to become more confident and skilled in different outdoor environments. Participants will have the opportunity to lead small groups in outdoor education activities.
Underpinning the curriculum is the development of crucial personal and social development skills transferable to any vocational pathway.
Learner Goals and Outcomes
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate personal and social development through participation in an adventure based learning (ABL) and outdoor education activities.
- Demonstrate leadership while participating in adventure based learning programmes.
- Create a personal bush survival kit
- Demonstrate bush survival skills
- Explain search and rescue procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of Tikanga and kawa of local iwi or hapu as it applies to the environment.
- Explore the concept of environmental sustainability through the application of minimum impact principles
- Operate under a framework of kaitiakitanga whilst participating in outdoor adventure activities.
Completion of Adventure Tourism Leadership Level 2 is a prerequisite for enrolling on Level 3 . Please contact us if you have achieved credits in a similar course that may also fulfill this requirement.
Other Trades Academy Courses:
Year 12 and 13 students
3 credits at Level 2
15 credits at Level 3
Block course format, includes overnights. Each block 4 days in length.
Tasman / Nelson. Onsite & offsite locations depending on course activity
Zero cost to students. Funded by the Ministry of Education.
dates to be confirmed
*Dates may be subject to change
Have a Questionfirstname.lastname@example.org
Order the Programmes For Schools publication
Whenua Iti Outdoors offers programmes for schools from Year 1 through to Year 13. Our wide range of activities cater to many different learning objectives. This document provides all the information needed to assist schools with their decision making process.