Terms & Conditions
SAFETY & RISK MANAGEMENT
- When taking part in any adventure activity, risks are encountered. Whenua Iti Outdoors (manages these risks with the use of highly trained staff who make decisions about acceptable risks, while enabling participants to build their skills, knowledge, experience, confidence and judgement.
- Whenua Iti Outdoors takes all reasonable steps to manage risks to an acceptable level and to set appropriate safety standards. All safety procedures and policies are available on request.
- At times Whenua Iti Outdoors staff will make decisions on behalf of the group about the acceptability of certain risks. All participants agree to follow the instructions of staff in regard to safety and risk management.
- By participating, you understand and agree that there are risks associated with activities in the outdoors.
- You are aware that Whenua Iti Outdoors will take all reasonable steps to manage these risks to an acceptable level and to set appropriate safety standards.
- Where any participant does not comply with the instructions of any Whenua Iti Outdoors staff member in regard to safety or risk management, Whenua Iti Outdoors may not be held responsible for any outcome.
CANCELLATION POLICY - Organisations
- Two weeks’ notice is required to cancel a single day programme otherwise, the you will be charged 50% of the total cost.
- Four weeks’ notice is required to cancel a multi-day programme otherwise, the you will be charged 50% of the total cost.
- Cancellations due to inclement weather will not be charged.
- This cancellation policy gives others on a waiting list an opportunity to fill the programme opening.
- Deposit Invoice: 50% of the total cost will be invoiced two weeks before a single day booking and four weeks before a multi-day booking. The deposit invoice is payable on receipt.
- Final Invoice: This invoice will be sent immediately after the completion of the booking and is payable within two weeks.
WITHDRAWAL POLICY – Individual Participants
- Participant withdrawal within 10 days of the course beginning: A $50 (+GST) administration fee will charged.
- Participant withdrawal within 5 days of the course beginning: the full course fee will be charged.
- In exceptional circumstances some withdrawal payments may be waived however, this is at the discretion of Whenua Iti Outdoors.
FITNESS & MEDICAL POLICY
- All participation is dependent of the participant completing a medical declaration, which (for youth and child programmes) must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Applications must be made two weeks prior to the start of a programme.
During programmes Whenua Iti Outdoors will take photographs, which participants will have access to on request. Some of these images (generally group shots) may appear in our printed publications or on our website. By agreeing to participation on a programme, you give Whenua Iti Outdoors permission to use photographs containing the images of you (or your child) for this purpose. Individuals will not be named.
Website Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the website http://WhenuaIti.org.nz operated by Whenua Iti Outdoors Trust Incorporated known as Whenua Iti Outdoors. Your access to and use of the webwebsite is conditional on your acceptance of and compliance with these terms and conditions. These terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to third party web websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Whenua Iti Trust Incorporated. Whenua Iti Trust Incorporated has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Whenua Iti Trust Incorporated shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web websites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these terms at any time. We will try to provide at least 15 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
- Whenua Iti Trust Incorporated operates http://www.whenuaiti.org.nz.
- This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the website.
- We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. You can request a copy of the information held by Whenua Iti Outdoors and can have it corrected if required.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, home address, school. We may use this information to contact you, but you can opt-out of receiving future information from us. We will keep your personal information confidential in accordance with the Privacy Act (1993), and will only use your information for Whenua Iti Outdoors related purposes.
We will not disclose or sell your personally identifiable information to any third party unless we, first obtain permission from you, we need to share your information with agents who work for us, or we are required by law.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website, this is called log data. This data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.