The Whenua Iti Outdoors Ethos
"Experiential learning inspiring positive change."
Opportunities to experience the outdoors, in a positive way that promotes learning and personal growth, are at the core of the Whenua Iti Outdoors vision. These benefits are holistic and wide ranging and we strive towards a space where access to these experiences are available to, and valued by all.
"To achieve positive change in individuals and communities"
We recognise and value the benefits of being in the outdoors, the challenge of the unpredictability of nature and the growth that comes from Experiential Learning.
- We believe in, and show respect for the promotion of the tenets of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- We show respect for others regardless of their background or their predicament
- We respect the environment
- We value quality in all areas
- We value integrity in all relationships
- We believe in focusing on the Learner
- We value personal growth and development
- We acknowledge and value our staff
Evaluation and Monitoring
The outcomes we achieve at Whenua Iti Outdoors are often profound and life changing. They are often also hard to quantify.
In order to ensure that we are meeting our mandate and offering quality programmes to our many participants, we have developed an evaluation framework to determine and define our impact.
The Social Impact Report 2016/2017 is a summary of our work, the gaps, the solutions we provide, the methods we use and the extent to which we achieve our goals.
Click on the image on the right to download a copy of the report, or email us to order a hardcopy.