The Whenua Iti Outdoors Ethos
"Experiential learning inspiring positive change."
Opportunities to experience the outdoors, in a positive way that promotes learning and personal growth, are at the core of Whenua Iti Outdoors. These benefits are holistic and wide ranging and we strive towards a space where access to these experiences in the outdoors are available to, and valued by all.
"To achieve positive change in individuals and communities"
We recognise and value the benefits of being in the outdoors, the challenge of the unpredictability of nature and the growth that can only come from being in the outdoors.
- We believe in, and show respect for the promotion of the tenets of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- We show respect for others regardless of their background or their predicament
- We respect the environment
- We value quality in all areas
- We value integrity in all relationships
- We believe in focusing on the Learner
- We value personal growth and development
- We acknowledge and value our staff